3/18/09

My Partner's In Crime.....


I do not think I have mentioned this before, but I share my Birthdate with two very special people...my niece, Sarah ...and her twin brother...John. Now for 25 years I got to celebrate MY Birthday, it was MY day. But let me tell you, once the twins were born on MY Birthday, I cease to have a day to celebrate. From then on it was the
"TWIN'S Birthday",never Jaymes and the Twins Birthday, no siree, it was only the TWIN'S Birthday...not that I am bitter or anything mind you!

When the twins were about to be born and it was pretty clear that they were going to be born close to midnight on March 18th, I am told from some pretty good sources that my brother BEGGED their Mom to hold off until after midnight. He just knew I was gonna be upset if they were born on MY Birthday. But you know babies, they have a mind of their own and they wanted out,NOW! So now MY special Day is OUR special day and I would not have it any other way.

I found out only a few years ago that the Twins have a custom they celebrate on their birthday that until recently I was not included in. They try and see which one of them can call the other one the soonest after midnight that starts our Birthday.
So when I found out about this, I wanted IN!! You see, when it is midnight in Texas where they are, it is only 10pm here where I am!! ha ha ha!! And once I call them right after midnight their time, I have learned to turn off my cellphone because you can bet that John will set his clock and call me back right at midnight, MY time!!
How do I know this you ask..he has done it the last 2 years in a row!! Yep he sure did, so this year I turned off my cell after I called him. He told me he almost called the house phone, but he did not want to have to answer to his Uncle Patrick the next time he sees him, smart boy!

They are both really great kids (they will always be kids to me). Sarah is now married to a great guy and they have 2 children and she is an awesome Mom.
John now raises his two kids as a single Dad, and he is a awesome Dad. I could not be prouder of both of them.

Happy Birthday to you both!!

later

ps... in this picture I am celebrating my 32nd birthday and they are celebrating their 7th. Notice there are 2 birthday cakes in the picture...my Mom made mine and the one off to the right is their's...store bought.

No comments: